LHS Library Expectations
The LHS Library provides a variety of materials and equipment for students to use. All students are asked to be aware of the following expectations concerning use of the LHS Library facilities.
- All Students will show respect for themselves, library staff and other students.
- All students must have an academic reason to use library resources, or be looking for a book to check out to spend class time and/or seminar time in the library.
- Individual students that report to the LHS Library are required to have a SIGNED AGENDA ONLY (complete with time, date, and a teacher’s signature).
- Students must report back to their seminars or class before the end of the block.
- NO food or drink will be allowed in the library.
- Cell phones must be placed on silent, and are ONLY to be used with permission by Librarian.
- Headphone use is required to listen to music while working.
- STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FINES, DAMAGES AND LOST ARTICLES.
- Overdue fines are $0.10 per school day for books. All patrons are given a one week grace period on these items before overdue charges begin. Laptops are charged $1.00 per day with no grace period.
- Book check out is for a two week period. Laptops are checked out for one block only.
- BOOK RENEWALS MUST BE DONE BEFORE BOOK IS OVERDUE. Renewals may be done in person or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- There is a checkout limit of five items per student.
- Please do not re-shelve books. Place books in book drop or any designated area.
- All school expectations, computer and internet policies will be enforced in the LHS Library.